If you have been following this site of mine starting the day this was created, you are well aware that I will be celebrating my site’s second month this 5th of August. (I have highlighted this on my “Appreciating the Little Things” blog — you can check this one as well). In this two-month period, I’ve got to realize five awesome things in blogging.
So here it is.
- Blogging as many of you might think is easy but as for me, this is really difficult and requires a lot of your time, effort and commitment as well. Blogging is being able to create, write, and upload posts on your website. But this is not just about writing. In order to have a good website which is appealing to your viewers and readers, you would need to really invest a lot of time thinking about the topics which are worth-reading. In order to keep your followers and subscribers to your site, a good content really matters. You must know what they like to read and what they are into. In my case, I am still having a hard time figuring out what most of my readers want. I am happy to receive lots of compliments and comments on every post of mine which somehow increases my writing confidence. This somehow gives me an idea of which topic I should keep (since the site also got a “stats” monitoring option).
- You must probably knew that blogging could somehow give you the chance to earn by integrating advertisements and being affiliate marketers. If you will enter the blogging world because of this reason, you must not continue. It really is difficult to figure out the computation of the revenue you might get in blogging. If you are really passionate in writing and engaging with your readers, blogging is for you. Earning is just a bonus, I guess.
- Through blogging, I was able to better learn how to manage my time and prioritize things. At the moment, I still can’t imagine that I was able to publish 51 amazing articles (long essays, food for thought, poems, and even reminders). You all know that I am doing full-time and part-time jobs (which I highlighted on one of my blog posts) and it is really difficult to stay committed with blogging. I am really amazed that I was able to do so. Hoping that I can do this even for years. 🙂
- On this almost 2-month blogging journey, I was able to learn to be more appreciative. 🙂 It is true that there are a lot of people who will doubt your abilities and skills but still, there are more who will be there to support you in everything that you do. My heart really stumbles every time I got comments and likes from co-bloggers and even friends outside the WordPress site.
- You should always work on your success because it doesn’t happen overnight. During my first week and month, I was really frustrated because I haven’t got much views, likes, and comments even though I am doing my best to write. Through the help of other bloggers, I was able to increase the number of my followers and improve my writing skills. I know I still got a long way to go but I believe what I currently have is a good start. You would really need a lot of considerations to turn your dreams into reality.
I know I am only at my 2nd month in this journey and I would still learn lots of things. I hope you will still be there until I reached that peak. 🙂
If you haven’t subscribed yet on this site of mine, you can put your email on the homepage to get updated every time I post a new blog!
Let us continue shining! ❤